NE Ohio 3PL Partner Helps Businesses Build Supply Chain Sustainability
Striving for a more sustainable supply chain has increasingly become a top priority for many companies. As a premier NE Ohio 3PL, we recognize more than most that none of us exists in a bubble. When we take care to craft systems of sourcing, producing, storing, and transporting goods that consider the environmental, social, and economic impact, we can:
- Reduce waste
- Conserve resources
- Promote ethical, socially-responsible conduct in every link in the supply chain
NE Ohio 3PL providers also know that sustainable supply chains just make good business sense. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency estimates more than 90 percent of an organization’s greenhouse gas emissions and 50-70 percent of operating costs are attributable to supply chains. And in a recent Harvard Business Review Whiteboard Session, clear benefits to supply chain sustainability were identified as:
- Lower costs. Reducing your carbon footprint and reducing material waste in turn leads to improved time and resource efficiency.
- Reduced risk. When a firm is effectively managing the potential compliance and regulatory risks, they avoid fines and limit legal liabilities. Sustainable supply chains also tend to be more resilient to disruptions, whether caused by economic crises, natural disasters, global pandemics, or other unforeseen events.
- Reputation gains. Consumers are becoming more environmentally conscious and socially aware. They prefer to support companies committed to sustainability in supply chains. This ads brand value, and such companies tend to have greater success in retaining top talent.
How NE Ohio 3PL Can Help You Achieve a More Sustainable Supply Chain
Working with a third-party logistics (3PL) provider can help companies achieve more sustainable supply chains in several ways. Among these:
- Expertise. As a trusted Cleveland, Ohio 3PL, we have expertise in sustainable logistics practices, which we rely on to provide guidance on optimizing supply chain operations for sustainability.
- Efficient transportation. Third-party logistics companies can optimize transportation routes, modes, and shipping load consolidation to reduce empty miles, fuel consumption, emissions, and delivery costs.
- Warehousing. As an Ohio 3PLs providing the full range of logistical services, On Time Delivery & Warehouse provides warehousing that prioritizes waste reduction, energy efficiency, and recycling.
- Inventory management: 3PLs can help suppliers optimize their inventory levels, reducing the need for excess production and storage, which can be resource-intensive and result in waste.
- Compliance and regulation: 3PLs often have expertise in government and environmental regulations and can help suppliers navigate compliance requirements related to transportation, hazardous materials, and other areas.
- Integrated technology. With advanced logistical tech, we can provide our customers with things like data analytics and real-time tracking, which enables businesses to more easily identify opportunities to reduce wasted time and resources.
- Supplier collaboration. A well-connected 3PL can facilitate collaboration among suppliers and customers to implement more sustainable practices. And services like Cleveland LTL trucking and multi-modal transportation (rail, sea, and road) involve sharing resources to get everyone’s goods where they need to go at the lowest costs and minimal carbon emissions.
By leveraging the capabilities and expertise of 3PL providers, companies can make substantial progress toward building more sustainable supply chains, reducing their environmental footprint, and reaping the associated benefits.
In summary, our NE Ohio 3PL can be an invaluable partner for Midwest businesses hoping to improve their supply chain sustainability. It’s a collaboration that contributes to a greener, more sustainable future for the entire supply chain ecosystem.
For information on our Cleveland third-party logistics, warehousing, CFS freight, and trucking services, contact On Time Delivery & Warehouse by calling (440) 826-4630 or send us an email.
Identifying sustainable warehouse management system indicators and proposing new weighting method, March 2020, Journal of Cleaner Production
More Blog Entries:
What You Get With Cleveland Warehouse Consolidation Services, Aug. 16, 2023, Cleveland Logistics Blog