4 Questions to Ask Your Cleveland Freight Station
Spot ocean container rates have tripled in the last year, an unprecedented spike in the history of container shipping. Rates for bulk commodity shipping may be elastic to a certain extent, but it’s imperative that when working with a Cleveland freight station, you’re getting the most for your money. Asking key questions before contracting with any freight station – domestic freight handlers and import/export freight handlers – ensures you’re receiving the best possible value.
The freight industry is a complex one, and you want to make certain the third-party logistics team working for you is a good fit for your business, particularly if you’re trusting them to transport your cargo. One Cleveland freight station may operate differently from another, so before you sign on to any agreement, it’s best to have a full understanding of the provider’s services, locations, experience and network.
To aid in your search, On Time Delivery & Warehouse has outlined several questions you may consider asking prospective Cleveland freight station providers.
- Are you licensed and bonded? This should be one of the very first questions on your list. A freight handler and forwarder that is licensed will be required to follow regulations set by the licensing agency. That means the provider is bound to abide by certain fair standards, rules and prices. It also means you have a means to address grievances if you believe you have been in any way mistreated. As far as being bonded, a freight handler/forwarder with this classification is able to offer clients the assurance that their investment is protected and that they can be reimbursed in the event of certain financial losses.
- Am I able to track my cargo? In this day and age, the ability to track shipments is essential. This is applicable to the shipping industry the same as it is an Amazon order. A growing number of freight stations offer the ability to track and trace cargo as a basic service feature. This transparency allows customers to better plan their logistics – and to react swiftly if something goes sideways. Having this transparency gives our clients peace of mind and ensures that they’re able to fulfill their commitments to everyone in the chain of supply.
- What all is included in your rates? Price transparency is important when it comes to freight handling. Ask whether customs-related charges, online tracking, etc. are included.
- How fast can you provide a quote? Rates vary depending on a variety of factors, including merchandise volume, sail date, carrier and more. The faster you can obtain a quote, the sooner you can start planning your shipments and ensuring you meet your deadlines. Our team can provide custom quotes in short order for prospective and current customers.
At On Time Delivery & Warehouse, we’re available to answer any questions you may have, and we’re committed to delivering on our promises when it comes to the import, export, storage and delivery of your goods.
Contact On Time Delivery & Warehouse by calling (440) 826-4630 or send us an email.
Why stratospheric container rates could rocket even higher, May 16, 2021, By Greg Miller, FreightWaves.com
More Blog Entries:
How a Cleveland Container Freight Station Keeps Your Goods Moving, March 30, 2021, Cleveland Freight Station Blog
- Categorized: Freight Shipping
- Tagged: Cleveland freight shipping, Cleveland freight station, freight shipping
Comments are closed.